Let’s be honest, meal planning? crafts? color-coordinated closets? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
If you’re a mom, you know very well that there just isn’t enough time in the day to get things done. Between taking care of kids and making sure nobody dies, it’s amazing if you even have enough energy to get yourself properly clothed and ready for the day.
If you feel like pulling your hair out over your morning routine, or you’re just looking for a way to make your life a little easier, here are 21 life hacks that you’re guaranteed to love:
1. Keep your house clean using the junk bucket system. Sort your kids’ stuff into buckets throughout the day, and before they go to bed, make them take their buckets up to their rooms and empty them out.
2. Is your little one hungry all the time? Turn an ice cube tray into a snack tray! It’ll keep you from going back and forth to the cupboard multiple times a day.
3. No need for a complicated chore chart. Just throw up a few bucks on the fridge (along with some chore ideas) and you’re good to go.
4. Make packing lunches 100x easier by prepping grab-and-go boxes. Your kids can pack their own lunches by quickly choosing what they want to eat before heading out to school.
5. If you hate cooking, then you need to get an Instant Pot. It’s basically like a pressure cooker and a crockpot combined. You can make delicious, easy meals in less time.
6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make it count! Freeze a bunch of breakfast burritos for a quick, easy meal.
7. If you have a toddler who has a tendency to wreak havoc, you may want to save this guide for getting permanent marker out of pretty much everything:
8. This may sound gross, but you won’t be sad you have one when you really need one. Keep a small potty in the back of your car in case of a toddler bathroom emergency.
9. Did you know that Walmart lets you order your groceries online with same day pickup? Yep, they’ll even bring it out to your car. You can get all your shopping done without using a shopping cart.
10. Help your kids get ready faster by organizing their outfits into plastic storage bags labeled by the day of the week.
11. Not good at doing hair? No problem. Here is a simple crazy hair day idea that’ll take less than 5 minutes:
12. Guys, this stuff is like laundry gold. If you haven’t tried Fels-Naptha, then you need to go buy some right now. It gets out stains like a boss.
13. Have you heard of the Sleep Styler? Get beautiful curly hair with minimal effort using their easy-to-use rollers. Simply wash your hair, roll it up, and let it sit overnight.
14. Use a hamper to keep your little one from getting away while you get things done. (Also works great in the bathtub as well!)
15. These simple activity bags can make doctor’s appointments and waiting in line much more manageable. Head on over to your local dollar store to find cheap games and activities.
16. If you love cooking, but you hate grocery shopping, then try out a dinner subscription service like Hello Fresh or Blue Apron. They deliver fresh ingredients to your door – along with the recipes – so you can make home cooked meals without the stress of meal planning.
17. If your kid loves Legos, then you need one of these. This brick separator tool will save you from hours of trying to bust those babies apart.
18. Two words: Dry shampoo. If you’re not using it, then you should be. If you are, then you know how miraculous this stuff is. Save yourself a wash or two. (You can thank me later.)
19. When it comes down to it, all you really need in life is a pack of baby wipes.
20. Keep your papers and calendar organized using a command center.
21. Remember, if momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy. Life is better when you take care of yourself. Put yourself first every once in a while.
Need an easy way to store and protect your digital videos and photos? Try Yours.co – the only archiving subscription service that guarantees your memories will be safe for up to 1,000 years. Learn more by visiting our website.